Ways To Detect Gerald Barja Scams
July 19, 2017
Scams come in all shapes and sizes. There is no telling how or when the next one would strike. There are however some common forms of scams that typically people like Gerald Barja employ to cheat people.
Common scan formats like the Gerald Barja scam
- Lending scams: These are typically moneys promised as loans at attractively low interest rates. Often they promise easy assessment terms that would permit loans to the most credit worthy less persons.
- Credit card offers: Like the lending scams, here credit cards are offered to people that do not have the necessary credit worthiness to won one. The processing norms are simplified as they claim to be doing.
- Lottery scams: Here people receive emails claiming that they have won a hug e amount in a certain lottery. You lose money when they ask you to pay up a small processing fee. That is the last a person would have heard from them.
- Message from an heir: With these scams people receive emails from a purportedly heir to a famous personality. When contact is established they would ask for a small amount to take care of the formalities and that is the last a person would hear of them.
- Offer of goods on a discount: It is common for this type of scams to offer for sale expensive items like mobiles and televisions at a steep discount. They also prey on the cost to be borne in processing the goods.
The common ground is that people are promised an easy gain of money or property for which they have to pay up service fees. Once the fees are paid up that is the last they would hear from the scammers.
The difficulty in handling internet scams
The first problem that law enforcement authorities face is the question of jurisdiction. Since in a good number of occasions the physical presence of the scammers are far from the place where the crime is committed. At times there would need to have a coordinated effort of more than a single branch of the authorities. With large organizations, it simply is not possible to liaise with each other and this is taken good advantage of by the con men.
The increased realization by law authorities in different countries to coordinate and make a concerted effort in fighting the new age crime has led to setting up of more unified control systems that would string the various enforcement bodies into a functioning whole. Still the speeds of operation that most crimes are conducted would call for steps that are beyond the reach of formal law enforcement forces.
If the criminal is innovative in the use of technology, the enforcement agencies have to stay a step ahead to bring to book these scoundrels. The needs of the modern day law enforcing agencies are speed and agility that which is limited today. Better use of technology can help bring about parity when it comes to working against the criminals.